Welcome to St. Louis Kitchen Design
Cabinetry by Design LLC is a kitchen design company that was created on a different premise: Distinct design doesn’t have to be expensive. A simple concept, but for many, hard to believe.
My name is Scott Mecey. I am an independent designer and founder of Cabinetry by Design, LLC. I spent the first 11 years of my career working for the typical kitchen and bath company, serving all types of clients in St. Louis and the surrounding areas. The traditional company offers a showroom where clients can visit to browse through kitchen and bath displays and other product offerings. Unfortunately, these showrooms can be quite expensive to maintain. Not only do the owners pay for the lease or mortgage, but they are also required by the cabinet companies to purchase the displays they offer for viewing in the showroom. All of this overhead is passed on to the client. I found a better way of doing business.
We Will Create Your Dream Kitchen Design
Choosing to work with Cabinetry by Design allows you to achieve the same goals as working with a traditional company yet you won’t have to pay for all the overhead that comes with a showroom. I am excited to have the opportunity to serve my clients to the best of my abilities while saving them money in the process.
Take some time to review our gallery of past projects on this site and then contact me (either by phone or through the form to the right) with any questions or to set up a complimentary consultation. I look forward to working with you to create a kitchen design that you will love and a smooth kitchen remodeling process!
Call Us 314-400-7110
- Cabinetry by Design worked with us to understand the kitchen we desired and then designed a beautiful custom, unique and extremely functional kitchen that exceeded our expectations. Scott’s design separated him from the other designer’s work that we reviewed and his choice of high quality cabinets, countertops and tile brought the space to life. His attention to every detail of the project provided us with a high level of comfort and he made himself readily available for any questions. Cabinetry by Design’s lead installer, Tom, was meticulous in the installation process, resulting in a very satisfying experience.
- This is our second kitchen remodel. The first was a real challenge, but the second was quite the opposite. Our goal was to have some help with the design, be on budget, feel comfortable with the contractor, and keep on schedule. We couldn't have been more pleased! Scott had great ideas for our new kitchen, and the contractors were very skilled and easy to work with. We love to entertain, and now we are looking forward to our next party!
- Scott served as Project Manager through the design, field measurements, delivery and finish of 52 condominium homes in the Central West End. Scott was responsible for all kitchen and bath cabinets as well as the design of several custom cabinets. Scott's attitude and work ethic exceeded all expectations. Scott made the entire process from the planning stage to the buyer turnover very smooth. Scott is an asset to have on a project team and anyone having the opportunity to enlist his skills is certain to have a positive experience.
- Scott is wonderful to work with. My cabinets are gorgeous. He matched them to the exact color that I loved and then made them elegant and functional. He was there throughout the entire process from designing to delivery and installation. All I had to do was pick up the phone if there were any questions or concerns. I could not be happier, and I do recommend Scott very, very, highly.
Meet Scott Mecey
Scott Mecey was raised in the cabinet business. His father started a cabinet company in his basement when Scott was just 10 years old. Scott spent his years through high school building, helping install, or selling cabinets.
Scott has served a vast array of clients, ranging from individual homeowner, top-notch interior designers, custom home builders, small remodel contractors, and even multi-unit project managers.
Why Work With Cabinetry by Design?
- I am present during the entire process
- You save money by not paying labor markup costs (you work directly with the contractor)
- Work with the owner - I will not hand you off to some project manager